Suite Renting vs. Commission vs. Hourly wage
Whether you have been a suite renter before or are just considering it, please review the following information so that you can decide if this is the right option and location for you.
Hourly wage is perfect for someone who is new to the industry. This option provides the salon owner with an employee that is flexible enough to do different jobs around the shop, while allowing him/her time to building up their clientele. When you consistently begin to bring in enough revenue to exceed your hourly wage, it's time to move on to commission.
Commission is when the salon takes a percentage of your service income (usually around 40 to 50%) in trade for providing the work space, products, advertisement, etc. The salon will usually control the prices, hours and chemical brands used, for stylists on commission.
Suite Renting is another option, but should be considered carefully. If you possess the qualities outlined below, then suite renting just might be for you!
* have been a licensed beauty professional for at least two years in the state of NH
* have enough of a loyal client following to provide you with enough revenue to pay your expenses and provide you with an income
* are a "self-starter" with enough discipline to maintain all aspects of owning your own business, such as booking/rescheduling appointments, advertising, keeping track of income/accounts payable and inventory
* want the freedom to come and go as you please
* would like to decide which brand of products to use when providing a service
* would like to decide the value of each service offered
* would like to get away from the constant "micro-management" at your current workplace
* would like to work in a "drama free" environment, where everybody is responsible for their own success
* are able to uphold a professional appearance both physically and verbally and are able to keep your personal drama
out of the salon
* have the ability to respectfully get along with others
Then you are exactly who we are looking for!
WHAT WE OFFER
* Individual suites for the beauty professional
* Cable television in reception area
* Private Internet connection for secure payment processing
* Separate private WiFi for customer access
* Shelving within each suite so that
you may sell your own retail products,
while gaining further revenue
* Your profile on our website with a
direct link to your service menu, Instagram, Facebook, client before and after photos, etc.
* A clean professional environment for
you and your clients
* Convenient Rt. 1 location, central to
Rye, Greenland, North Hampton and
* Convenient parking